Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

"Anna" bikini top

Again with the boredom over a day. I got back from my school's second-semester party, Philander's Phling. (Strange spelling and all.) It was bunches of fun, but at two in the morning, all I really wanted to do was start a knitting project. So instead of going to bed, early on a Saturday, I began this...

I didn't have enough sports yarn in one color to make this piece, so I decided to go through my stash drawer and pull out whatever I could that might look nice together. looking back, I kind of wish I'd chosen to make the reddish color the band, and then done the two purples as the triangles....but I guess it's okay as is.

The actual pattern (link at the bottom) says to use elastic and US size 6 needles. I did neither... My bamboo needles are US 8 and I made a binding in the back using excess yarn, by knitting the ends together. (Same for the top to make it a halter.)

Anyway... Pictures!


Results, early Saturday morning before bed.


Close up of stitching in progress.


Finished project (with a few ends to weave in.)



Me wearing it.

The Pattern: "Anna"

No comments:

Post a Comment