Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Brady Socks - one down!

Been a little while, but I've been busy. (Excuses, excuse, I know. Honestly, though - spring break is busier than I'd have imagined.)

Brady Socks, being named after the wild, fun-loving friend of mine who snatched up this yarn...

So, I went to Wal*Mart (of all places) with a few friends to pick out Arts N Crafts to do some fun, creative stuff over break, and ran into a bunch of yarn. All acrylic, of course, but the nice thing about that sort of yarn is that it's machine washable, which is NOT a quality generally shared by my nicer sock yarn. (The Deck Socks I made have begun to felt from me wearing them!)

Thankfully, since this stuff came from Wal*Mart, it's cheap, and was unusually fun to knit with. (Though, I have to admit, it was kinda blah looking in a yarn ball; rather like yarn puke.)

The sock itself was knit toe up and was really easy to do. Just took a while because I haven't had much time. I used this cast off to make it super stretchy.

Wide angle shot to show off the pooling colors:


Heel shot:


Close-up of the toe!


The end!

In case anyone is interested though, this pattern is the most basic of basics. Starter of 28 stitches, 4 increase rounds, and then knit with 2x2 ribbing across the top until the cuff, where it becomes ribbing all around. The pattern I modified for this was an afterthought heel, but I'm not fond of those. Makes me feel like I'm forgetting something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment