Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cardigan Continues! And the Big Project.

So, it's been a while. Not a great while, but enough time. I've been working steadily on two projects - my Lana Grossa Mood Cardigan and the Memory Scarf. I'm really excited over the Cardigan in particular because I've never knitted a big project for myself before. And I'm even more excited about the final dyeing (whee!) but let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Today I finished one of the sleeves for the Cardigan, and there's a photo of it laid out with the rest of the completed pieces. I have one last sleeve to do (which I started today, as well) and the front bands to go before I get to sew everything together, adjust for shoulder/arm differences that arise (since Europeans are so much smaller than I am). Then it'll be time to think about dyeing in more detail!


The Cardigan so far.

My secondary project is a bigger scope one, that should take me a looooong time to complete. I have this bin with yarn in it (some yarn, at least) and a few pairs of completed socks. But the thing is, I want to fill this bin up completely with finished knitted projects for next year's College Craft Fair.

So far, the tally stands at... Two completed pairs of socks. That's all I have to offer, folks! Both made in Florida over training trip, so I've got some serious work to put in. I've considered putting the Memory Scarf into this, but I'm not sure that would work out with what I had planned. And the bikini top isn't exactly high enough quality to warrant going into The Bin.

But...here is The Bin.


The Bin.


Don't be fooled. It only looks not intimidating. It really is huge, and angry, and will eat your soul. So fear The Bin, and wish me luck in satiating its hunger!

No comments:

Post a Comment